Administrative and Program Coordinator
Who we are:
The Copper Island Health and Wellness Centre (CIHWC) is a not-for-profit operated and governed by the South Shuswap Health Services Society (SSHSS) and its volunteer Board of Directors. We have been promoting and supporting healthy built communities in the South Shuswap since incorporation in June 2013. The Wellness Centre is located in the Blind Bay Market Place Mall in beautiful Blind Bay. The Administrative and Program Coordinator will primarily work out of the Health and Wellness Centre.
What we do:
We seek to provide a range of vital primary and allied health services for residents in the South Shuswap, with an emphasis on all aspects of health from social and physical, to mental. We are on a mission to make healthy living options accessible to all members of our community. While we want to ensure our services are accessible for everyone and sustainable, we also focus on providing age friendly opportunities so seniors can stay in their homes and community longer.
We are seeking an Administrative and Program Co-ordinator. This is an exciting opportunity to live work and play in Blind Bay while making a positive impact on your community! The Administrative and Program Co-Ordinator will work with the Board of Directors and Volunteers to assist with the programs and operations of the Copper Island Health and Wellness Centre.
You have experience in an administrative role and/or have overseen community-focused programs and projects – including managing a budget and sub-contractor(s). You are proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and can comfortably use various social media platforms. You are passionate about healthy communities and want to serve the South Shuswap. The successful candidate is highly detail-oriented, an administrative wonder, and an excellent communicator. If you’re a collaborative team-player who loves the South Shuswap, we want to hear from you!
The Administrative and Program Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Centre and its programs, this includes:
- Supporting the Board of Directors when required (e.g., preparing and presenting operational reports at regular Board meetings)
- Supporting the Volunteer Co-Ordinator when required
- Carrying out general Office Duties required for day-to-day operations (e.g., responding to customer inquiries, emails, phone calls, etc.)
- Updating the website and using social media
- Assisting and recruiting volunteers (e.g., updating and managing training manuals for onboarding new volunteers)
- Liaising with sub-lessees using office space
- Maintaining a seniors’ resource guide (digital and print)
- Other related duties as required
- Planning scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing programs and events delivered through CIHWC as determined by the Board (e.g., working with local halls to secure a venue to deliver programming, hiring, and managing contractors, overseeing program budgets)
- Preparing promotional materials to raise awareness of events and generate participation
- Maintaining records and files for programs
- Monitoring success and collecting data on programs/events
- Ensuring compliance with necessary program regulations
- Other related duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate enjoys working in the community and must be confident interacting and working with various stakeholders and members of the public. To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Multi-task and oversee multiple programs while delivering them on time and on budget
- Compile information and data to prepare reports, and comfortably deliver presentations to various diverse audiences, including the Board
- Act professionally with a high degree of tact, discretion, and sensitivity
- Work proficiently in the Microsoft Office, including power point
- Use various social media platforms
Knowledge of bookkeeping practices, current regulations required in a Health Centre, non-profit operations, and the ability to work in WordPress are also an asset.
Candidates should have experience in Business Administration, a diploma or Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences or Business Administration will be considered an asset. Please demonstrate how you clearly meet the minimum requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in an administrative position, OR a minimum of two years of program administration or event co-ordination an asset.
This will be a part-time position of 25 to 35 hours per week. Hourly pay range is $22.00 to $26.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org