South Shuswap Health Services Society operates the Copper Island Health and Wellness Centre located in Beautiful Blind Bay. There is an exciting position open for a Health Administrator. This is an opportunity for a person to live, work and play in Blind Bay!
SSHSS requires a Health Administrator to work with the board of directors and volunteers to oversee programs and operations of Copper Island Health and Wellness Centre.
Responsibilities will be creating, planning, managing and evaluating health services and programs in addition to performing administration duties to include preparation of a budget, pursuing funding opportunities and managing operational concerns.
Apply by email to email@example.com
Skills and qualifications
The successful candidate enjoys community involvement and is confident talking to and negotiating with all stakeholders. The following are additional required skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with others
- Ability to oversee and coordinate information and activities of CIHWC
- Strong presentation and conversational skills with the ability to speak in front of a group
- Ability to analyze data, reports, and information
- Ability to oversee the preparation of reports, policies, and procedures
- Strong skills to develop and manage a team and interact with professionals
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Understanding of applicable laws, regulations, and policies, like health and safety
- Knowledge of Non-Profit organizations is an asset
- Prior experience working in the healthcare systems, programs, and services
- Administrative experience to include finance and budgeting
- Knowledge of programs available and the benefit of the programs
- Experience leading a team
- Prior experience working as a Health Administrator or in a related position.
- Experience working with community organizations
Education and Training
Candidates should have education in a health-related field, and/or business administration and management.
Rate up to $30.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience 30 Hours per week.